Thursday, April 16, 2009

Apologies

So the last couple of weeks were crazy crazy. That and I'm horribly forgetful.

So what's been happening? In my world, I hate calculus 2, and my friend had quite the bad week. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do this summer. Well....to be more accurate, I know what I want to do this summer, it's a matter of figuring out how to do it. Unfortunately I am not a liberty to say anymore than that on the subject. Very hush hush.

Also, I'm terribly proud of Gidgett. She's doing a great job with her weight loss program! And she did great on her recent physics test.

Enough about me! GAMING! While I've been away from blogger, some interesting things have been happening.

- The PS2 is $99! Big news for anyone who never got to taste its glory, or those that can't afford a backwards compatible PS3.

- New Jak and Daxter game! The Jak series was one of the larger IPs that released onto the PS2, and outside of a couple of spin-offs, nothing's been heard from the main story since 2004. Now, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier has been announced!

- Will Wright leaving Maxis! Wha wha wha? Will Wright, mastermind behind SimCity, The Sims, and Spore is leaving Maxis after 20 years. He's joining EA in a new venture, the Stupid Fun Club. No, seriously. Details here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/971/971013p1.html

- Resident Evil 5 DLC This is raising quite the stink. RE5's DLC, in the form of a Versus Mode, was released online, and gamers came to wonder why the download was only 1.86MB for an entire new mode of play. Turns out, the Versus Mode is already on the game disc. It was simply locked away, and you have to pay five bucks to unlock it. I do not approve. http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/970/970396p1.html

- Nintendo doing video on-demand? Nintendo announced that by combining the powers of your Wii and DS, that you will soon be able to download video on-demand and take it with you on your DS. Interesting.

- EA deals in illegal weapons Well, kinda. To help promote The Godfather II, EA sent out brass knuckles to a number of game journalists. Turns out, brass knuckles are illegal in many states, including California, which is ironically where EA is based. The company sent out a letter requesting that the weapons be sent back to them so that they "can be properly disposed of". Yeeeeah EA.....should have thought that one through a little more.

More things happened, but that's really all I care to go into. Also, I missed a few Halolz Days. I will now remedy this.



If you don't get this one....you clearly need to play more Zelda.


Hehehehe.....is funny




This is honor of the passing of one of the creators of D&D...whose name escapes me at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: Free Blog Templates